Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mid-2015 Blogging Status Update

This is a housekeeping post. I have a few things I've had going on for awhile that I want to address here, and an announcement that I'm very happy to finally post up.

In no particular order:

What the hell happened to my Brawltimore event attendance?

The short answer is: life.

The longer answer is: as often happens with gaming, a lot of other things can and do come up that force a change of plans. The summer has been a whirl of happenings that have made it a better choice on those weekends to focus on other things.

That also coincided with a dip in my desire to play competitive Warmachine, so it ended up being a well timed break.

I'm starting to ramp back up into the mood for tournaments, so hopefully I'll be able to get into a monthly event cycle again sometime in the next couple of months. It may end up being tricky as the end of the year is stacked with travel and holidays, but I'll do my best to get back into the mix.

Speaking of games, where are the battle reports in general?

The short answer is: life.

Alright, not really.

The actual answer here is a combination of two factors:

1) My gaming group of friends has been somewhat scattered in what games each person has been in the mood to play recently. Combine that with a lot of variance as to who can make it for gaming each week, and some weeks there isn't an opportunity for Warmachine. Which, for the record, has been a really nice break when it's happened.

2) As a palette cleanser/"hey let me get some use out of these damn models", I've been playing more Convergence. I haven't been keeping notes/taking pictures for those games, for a few reasons: I wanted to focus more on playing the faction than doing write-ups (some of the things I've forgotten have been embarrassing enough without additional distractions), at least one of those games was against someone outside of my usual gaming group (which felt weird asking to take pictures and catalog our game), and in general the games I've played have felt so "getting to know the faction" that I didn't think they'd be terribly illuminating.

I do plan on collecting my general thoughts about my experiences with Convergence after these recent games into a post, which should be going up soon.

Have you been seeing other blogs? I've heard rumors.

Anyone keeping an eye on the comments sections of the posts here for the past few weeks may have noticed a post from one Larry Vela a few weeks ago. Turns out, he was trying to get in contact with me to offer me a slot posting Warmachine articles for Bell of Lost Souls. After debating it for a bit, I decided to accept his offer. Anything I can do to increase exposure/discussion for Warmachine, I'm happy to do, and BoLS gets a lot of traffic that may be interested in learning more about my favorite game system.

My entries are set to go up every Tuesday, so keep an eye out for those. Here's a link for all the posts I've had go up so far:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/author/moondog

Is that going to affect this blog?

It all depends on how busy things get week-to-week, but right now I'm hedging my bets and saying "probably a little".

With my efforts split, I want to make sure I can maintain putting together at minimum one post for each source a week. That is a possible downgrade on the twice-weekly schedule I have going now for S&D, but it is also the most sustainable. I've had moments in the past where keeping up with writing two posts a week has been difficult (usually when life gets busy) and I can only imagine that would be proportionately more difficult trying to keep up with three posts a week!

The upside is that BoLS uses a format that favors shorter posts, which helps to keep my "thought bible" length posts in check, and thus makes it that much more likely that I'll have time to work on posts for S&D. It also means that there are going to be plenty of topics that I'd rather tackle on here - anything long form, ultra-specific, high level, or not Warmachine related, to name a few possibilities.

My new policy going forward is going to be to have a post go up on BoLS on Tuesdays and a post go up here on Thursdays. If I've managed to write enough to have two S&D posts for a given week, I'll be posting Tuesday/Thursday here as usual.

-----

I wanted to share all that with you, dear readers, so you know whats been going on and what to expect in the near future. I'll still be posting regularly, just in different places, and possibly slightly less regularly here (though I'm going to try to keep two posts a week coming).

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been reading this blog so far, and many thanks to everyone who has commented on articles in the past. I look forward to providing you guys more content on here and BoLS, and hearing your thoughts on everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment