Thursday, March 12, 2015

Event Recap - 50 Point Steamroller at GAD Con

The Brawltimore events keep on rolling, this time with a surprise 50 point Steamroller at the third annual Games and Dice Convention (GAD Con) held in Aberdeen, MD. This was the first time, to my knowledge, that any Privateer Press events had been run at this event, and this first event garnered a decent turn out (especially since there was another event going on in another part of the state). 16 players showed up, which gave us a perfect four full rounds of Warmachine.

Join me after the break for a run down of how the event went, post-game thoughts, and plans for the future.

I ran the same lists I've been running for the past few 50 point events, as they've been working well (give or take periodic operator error). Here they are again, for reference:

Butcher3 - 50 Points:
Kommander Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed (*4pts)
   * Berserker (6pts)
   * War dog (1pts)
Greylord Ternion (Leader and 2 Grunts) (4pts)
Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
   * Black Dragon Officer & Standard (2pts)
Kayazy Assassins (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
   * Kayazy Assassin Underboss (2pts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (4pts)
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)
Fenris (5pts)
Iron Fang Kovnik (2pts)
Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan (2pts)
Man-o-war Drakhun (with dismount) (5pts)
Saxon Orrik (2pts)
Objective: Effigy of Valor

and

Sorscha2 - 50 Points:
Forward Kommander Sorscha (*6pts)
   * Conquest (19pts)
   * Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)
Great Bears of Gallowswood (5pts)
Kayazy Eliminators (Leader and Grunt) (3pts)
Man-o-War Drakun (no dismount) (4pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Winter Guard Infantry (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
   * Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard (2pts)
Ragman (2pts)
Battle Mechanics (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (4pts)
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich (2pts)
Objective: Bunker


Round 1:
Scenario: SR2015 Outflank
Opponent Faction: Cryx

My opponent this round was Justin (the same person I was matched up against in the third round of the first Brawltimore event I went to). He swapped out Retribution for Cryx and he had a very scary pairing of Asphyxious2 and Skarre1. I opted to go for Sorscha2, since that's technically my "Cryx drop" (though untested) and he chose his Asphyxious2 list:

Lich Lord Asphyxious (*6pts)
   * Deathripper (4pts)
   * Deathripper (4pts)
   * Skarlock Thrall (2pts)
Bane Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
   * Bane Thrall Officer & Standard (3pts)
Bile Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
The Withershadow Combine (5pts)
Bane Lord Tartarus (4pts)
Saxon Orrik (2pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)

Justin won the roll off and opted for first turn. He pushed hard to the zone to my right, while I tried to spread my list out a bit to capitalize on being able to score in either zone. I got lucky early on with a Conquest shot taking out the Arc Node on one of the Deathrippers (almost killed it outright with a crazy damage roll).

I managed to get ahead early by scoring on the bottom of turn two after hitting the Bane Knights with Freezing Grip and clearing out the models he had committed to the zone. He responded by clearing out the zone to my right and dominating, which resulted in a quick scramble for CPs. Thankfully for me, he didn't have much that he could throw into the left zone to stop me from dominating the left zone two more times for a relatively quick (but very hard fought) scenario win.

Round 1 Result: Win via scenario, 5 CPs scored, 39 army points destroyed.

Round 2:
Scenario: SR2015 Destruction
Opponent's Faction: Khador

Oh no, the dreaded faction mirror! My opponent this round was Rob, running my beloved pairing of Vlad2 and Sorscha2. I opted for Sorscha2 under the (possibly shaky) reasoning that if he opted for Sorscha2 as well, at least our feats would cancel out (since both of our 'casters and Conquests would be immune to it). He opted for Vlad2, with a list that I like a lot:

Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Champion (*5pts)
   * Beast-09 (11pts)
   * War dog (1pts)
Greylord Outriders (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
   * Black Dragon Officer & Standard (2pts)
Iron Fang Uhlans (Leader and 2 Grunts) (7pts)
Kayazy Eliminators (Leader and Grunt) (3pts)
Kayazy Eliminators (Leader and Grunt) (3pts)
Iron Fang Kovnik (2pts)
Kell Bailoch (2pts)
Man-o-war Drakhun (with dismount) (5pts)
Saxon Orrik (2pts)
Objective: Arcane Wonder

Rob won the roll off and opted to take first turn. He advanced very aggressively turn one, setting himself up for a strong second turn feat. I responded by advancing more cautiously, advancing with the WGI to keep their DEF up and shooting into the Uhlans with Conquest, getting a critical which threw them back, but sadly didn't kill any of them nor knock them down (thanks to the IFK). I also managed to get a few extra kills early on thanks to Shatterstorm.

He feats second turn and jams hard with the Eliminators and Outriders. I'm able to dig out a bit (thanks to a clutch Freezing Grip on one of the feated units of Eliminators) but I'm not able to gain much ground in the process, though I do blow up his objective. 

The next few turns are me fighting to try to get models in the zone while he keeps jamming me up. He's able to kill my objective and dominate, and despite my efforts (and aided by a massive brain fart on my part) he's able to clear the zone one more time to dominate for the win with around a minute remaining on his clock.

Round 2 Result: Loss via scenario, 1 CP scored, 33 army points destroyed.

Round 3:
Scenario: SR2015 Recon
Opponent's Faction: Legion

My opponent this round was Nate (Nathan?), running Legion with a paint scheme I liked a lot. His two lists were Vayl1 and Lylyth2, and as he said after we picked 'casters, our list choices pretty much locked each of us in: I felt like I had to take Butcher3 to have game against Lylyth2, and vice versa. His Lylyth2 list was:

Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight (*5pts)
   * Naga Nightlurker (5pts)
   * Ravagore (10pts)
   * Ravagore (10pts)
   * Zuriel (10pts)
Blighted Nyss Striders (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
   * Blighted Nyss Striders Officer & Musician (3pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
Succubus (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
Objective: Arcane Wonder

Nate won the roll off and opted for first turn, which at least gave me the choice of getting the table edge with a wall. The early game went as I've heard most Lylyth2 games go: I ran towards him as fast as possible (hiding Butcher behind a wall for safety on the advance) before the feat rained down death on everything. He feated on turn two and did just that, taking out a sizable chunk of my army.

The "run forward and pray" strategy started to work out, as Butcher was able to score on the left flag on turn two and I was able to engage several of his shooters. He was able to dig out and keep shooting and sent Zuriel in the tie up Butcher. I was able to move Butcher up and kill Zuriel, the Naga, and one of the Ravagores on Butcher's feat turn, but that unfortunately left him a couple of inches too close to one of the Forsaken. The resulting Blight Shroud did 18 damage to fully camped Butcher (!!!) which was almost enough to kill him outright, and definitely enough to kill him with the 5 damage he already had on him.

Round 3 Result: Loss via assassination, 1 CP scored, 26 army points destroyed.

Round 4:
Scenario: SR2015 Incursion
Opponent's Faction: Cygnar

My opponent this round was Mike, running the awesomely interesting pairing of Nemo3 and Sloan. I was sort of committed to running Butcher3 in this last round regardless, and facing off against Cygnar pretty much locked it in for me (plus the Hunters in Sloan's list made me nervous for Conquest's well being). He opted for Kara Sloan, whose list was:

Captain Kara Sloan (*6pts)
   * Hunter (6pts)
   * Hunter (6pts)
   * Minuteman (5pts)
   * Squire (2pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
   * Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
   * * Cyclone (9pts)
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (Boomhowler and 9 Grunts) (9pts)
   * Captain Jonas Murdoch (2pts)
Long Gunner Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist (2pts)
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (1pts)

Mike won the roll off and opted to take first turn. He advanced his models up into firing positions, covering all three flags, while I ran up as far as I could, using terrain to try and blunt the initial round of shooting. He responds by easily shooting the Berserker off the table, attempting to Flak Field the Widowmakers (which came up short), and putting Covering Fire templates over the right flag while the Gun Mages shot at the IFP.

I responded by scrapping the Minuteman with a combination of Assassin and Drakun charges, advancing the IFP to cover both flags under Iron Zeal and Shield Wall, and putting Butcher in the center of the table with a toe in the Berserker's wreck marker and his dogs in front. Fenris is also able to run and engage the Cyclone and one of the Gun Mages, while also making them flee due to Abomination.

Mike responds by popping Sloan's feat, killing both dogs, and putting damage into Butcher3, but by the end of the turn Sloan hasn't moved (he forgot to cast Refuge until it was too late and didn't move the Long Gunners in front of her) which left her open for Butcher to Vengeance advance, Energizer, and charge her, killing her with the charge attack.

Round 4 Result: Win via assassination, 0 CPs scored, 23 army points destroyed.

Overall Result: 2 Wins - 2 Losses, unsure of final standing (probably somewhere in the middle of the pack)

Event Impressions:
The broken record part: this was another excellent event that was well run by the PG running it (steelhead jd) and the event organizers. GAD Con seems like its still a relatively small event, so it was impressive to see that they came up with a good way to fit in a 16 person Steamroller event alongside all of the other gaming they had going on that day (the other half of the hall was all RP'ing, with quite a few tables going).

One really nice thing about this event was the amount of support for it. The Steamroller tournament itself had a full set of trophies available for the top 3, the event itself earned you Iron Arena points (with rewards available after the event), and there was a raffle for a sweet hard shell KR Multicase (which was actually won by my second round opponent Rob!) The added support made this event feel like something a little "bigger" than a regular Steamroller tournament, which was an added level of fun.

Funny/Cool Moments:
 - In the first game, I committed the Conquest to the zone to my right in order to try and stall my opponent from scoring. He responded by charging Conquest with Asphyxious2, hitting it with Parasite, then wailing on it before Teleport'ing away. Unfortunately, the damage dice choked and Asphyxious2 did little damage. The funny part comes when the Bane Thrall Officer charges in and, between it's two attacks, takes out almost an entire grid by itself. They were right to promote that Thrall.

 - In that same game, my bid to stall with Conquest failed when it got absolutely thrashed by Banes. The Great Bears, however, were not so frail and withstood a full set of Nyss charges along with some feated Thrall/Knight charges to survive in the zone like champs (due to a preposterous string of Tough rolls).

 - Although it ended my third round game in an unpleasant way, the GW-sized pile of dice that Nate got to roll for that Forsaken, and the resulting damage, was pretty damn funny.

 - Butcher3 one-shotting Kara Sloan is the first time I've had that list "Butcher3" someone. It was pretty nice (especially since it let me pack up and clear out a little early).

Key Mistakes By Tournament Round:
Round 1
 - This round (thankfully) went mostly as planned. However, I did make some mistakes on the turn I committed Conquest to the right zone: I screwed up my order of activations/movement a little when trying to free up WGI (to clear out Banes under Shatterstorm to limit the feat), I almost got in Conquest's way a few times (though thankfully didn't in the end), and I probably put Conquest in the zone too far forward.

If I had figured out a way to put it further back, I think the Bane Thralls would have been unable to charge it, which may have left it alive (though battered) at the end of the turn. I also probably should have run Mechaniks in front of it (in B2B for Iron Sentinel) to potentially limit how many models he could get onto Conquest and/or eat up attacks that he'd need to use to free up that space. It ultimately didn't matter due to the Great Bears Tough'ing it out and my scoring tempo, but in a closer game having Conquest survive could have given me the edge to squeak out one more turn of CPs.

Round 2
 - Lots of little mistakes this round. Starting with: I think I should have had either the Drakun or the Eliminators on the same flank as my opponent's Outriders. They were the main thing that ended up jamming up my WGI, which were my biggest hope for getting something into the zone that he couldn't easily clear out. Having something else on that flank (probably the Drakun, as the Outriders are unlikely to do much to it even with HoF) would have been a big help.

 - Speaking of the WGI vs. the Outriders: the Outriders caused very little damage to the WGI (I don't think they ever hit with their sprays) but the jamming move was a big deal. In hindsight, I should have just walked the WGI out of combat - the Outriders would still need 10's to hit, which is a tall order even under HoF - especially on the turn I managed to Harm the unit (and have Holt pick one off). With very little luck I could have probably easily killed the remaining four Outriders, which at least lets me get the WGI into the zone faster (though I still have to deal with the Drakun at that point which is a pain).

 - I made some huge positioning errors on the turn I tried to dig myself out of combat with the Eliminators. Part of it was the Outriders still being there: because they were still nearby, the two or three that were left were able to line up sprays that basically gutted my support: Aiyana, Holt, Kovnik Joe, and all the Mechaniks were taken out, and that hurt badly. I should have been more mindful of the sprays while I was positioning, and of course killing all or more of the Outriders would have kept at least one of those "pods" of support models alive.

 - By far the biggest errors of the game came in the final round. I forgot to activate Sylys and give Sorscha Arcane Secrets before she attempted to Freezing Grip the (engaged) Drakun. Thankfully she was still able to pull off the 9 on a boosted attack roll, but that was a risk I didn't need to take (since if I miss, it may freeze the WGI unit and cost me the game right there).

Then, compounding that error (and also fitting into the category of a total brain fart moment): when I was moving models into the zone to contest, I straight up forgot to activate Reinholdt before passing the turn over. He easily could have run into the zone from where he was standing, and it would have at least bought me one more turn.

Here's how my opponent's final activation played out: he killed the Widowmaker I ran into the zone with a boosted to-hit Razor Wind (another possible mistake: I think I ran it too far into the zone, which opened up the pre-charge Razor Wind), then Vlad cast Martial Paragon on himself and charged into the three WGI, hitting and killing with all of his remaining Focus and clearing the zone. Even one more model in the zone would have guaranteed he couldn't clear it (everything else was blocked off behind Conquest or fleeing).

Granted, I'm not sure what I would have done past that point, other than just jam as much stuff as I can into the zone and hope to clock him out (as he ended that turn with just over a minute remaining). Not running Reinholdt in was a huge mistake, and I don't know why I didn't; I wasn't under any time pressure, so I could have taken all the time in the world to re-examine the table before handing over the turn.

Round 3
 - One small error that I can think of: when I managed to get Fenris to charge one of the Ravagores, I charged him past a Strider Deathstaker. That caused an Abomination check (which it passed), but for no good reason I didn't position Fenris so that he was engaging both the Deathstaker and the Ravagore (I'm pretty sure I could have with Reach).

 - And of course, the big error: letting the Forsaken get to Butcher and blow him up. I was actually in a really good position otherwise - the remaining Ravagore was badly damaged and Butcher only had 5 damage on him - so giving my opponent that out was a big mistake. Even with average damage rolls the Forsaken softens Butcher up enough that Lylyth can probably figure out a way to kill him over the next two turns while I try to score, so it was a mistake to let it happen.

I had two options to avoid it, one of which I think is better long term. The first option is to just have the Berserker charge that Forsaken. It's unlikely to do much of anything against it (needing 9's to hit) but maybe I get lucky, and the free strike is a little more accurate (needing a 7 to hit, with a guaranteed "splat" if it connects). However, just having to move around the Berserker (or the wreck marker, if he figures out a way to kill it somehow) may leave the Forsaken out of range to catch Butcher in the Blight Shroud. I'm unsure of if that'd be the case, since the Forsaken was pretty cleanly in the 11" range, though maybe a couple of inches would have made the difference.

The other option, and the one I like better overall is to just not move Butcher anywhere near that thing. I think I got greedy in wanting to kill the Ravagore that turn, but the Berserker easily could have charged it and tied it up (I had a floating Ice Cage that would have made the Berserker likely to hit with it's attacks), along with doing hopefully decent damage to it. Butcher can then content himself with killing Zuriel and the Naga, which has the added benefit of letting him continue to hug the flag, so I score 1 CP on that turn.

That's one of the reasons that misplay was so unfortunate: for as much damage as Lylyth did to my army, I was in a really good spot. Lylyth's battlegroup was being whittled down quickly, and I was going to be in a fantastic position, scenario-wise. If I scored on that turn and Butcher lives through whatever the reprisal is (much more likely if the Forsaken is out of range and both Ravagores start the turn engaged and damaged), then all I need to do is finish off Lylyth's objective and dominate the zone to win.

 - Another possibility: I had the right idea, but executed it in the wrong area. If I had pushed to own the zone instead of the left flag, I could have ended the game on turn 3. That involves destroying my opponent's objective and dominating the zone on turn 2, which I might have been able to do it with the models I had available. Then I can use Butcher3's feat to clear the zone on turn 3, which would be hard for my opponent to stop (especially without giving away virtually all of his army). Something interesting to keep in mind when playing Recon in the future.

Round 4
 - I almost borked up the Drakun's charge lane to the Minuteman (who could have had an excellent Flak Field next turn if it lived) by getting greedy with Eiryss2 and trying to get a shot on it. The shot missed (I didn't move her far enough to get around the wall, which would absolutely screwed up the Drakun's charge) and it wouldn't have mattered much anyways; if the Minuteman had lived, Flak Field is free and everything it wanted to kill it could do without boosting.

Things To Improve:
Most obviously: I need to stop forgetting to activate models! I don't do it that often, but every time I do it, it's in a competitive setting and it always hurts. I think is the counterpoint to something I'm happy with: although I haven't come close to clocking myself yet, I also maybe rush myself when I don't need to.

As an example: in the second round game, I was up by around 15 minutes, if not more, on the clock when I had my space cadet turn. While its good to maintain a strong clock lead if you're getting down to the wire (and fishing for a Deathclock win) I had more than enough time to take a breath, double check if I'd activated everything (in hindsight, I think I totally forgot Sylys too) and then pass the turn over. I need to basically make that "double check" step a habit; even if it costs me time, its worth it to not make huge mistakes like I have recently.

I also need to remember that you can't score in most of the scenarios if you don't destroy your opponent's objective. That didn't really come up during my games this time in terms of throwing off my CP count (though it might have if I hadn't been assassinated in game three), but it has in the past, and I definitely gaffed up the count during my game three.

One of the reasons I keep spacing on this is that it's much more prominent in SR2015 than it was in previous years. Out of all the scenarios with objectives, only one of them doesn't require you to destroy your opponent's objective before you can start scoring in their zone (Incoming); all the rest do. I need to adopt that as a mantra, if for no other reason than I start keeping the correct CP count in those scenarios. More practice with them should also help - I remembered it for Destruction (which I've played recently) but not Recon (which was my bye round in the previous event).

In general, I need to be able to more clearly identify problem areas before they become a real issue. The Outriders was such a case: I knew they'd be a pain, but I thought the WGI would deal with them fairly quickly. They might have if I had gone with another course of action, but as I played it they were a significant logjam and ended up costing me some key models due to their aggressive placement. Had I identified earlier what a problem they could be, I probably would have tried to deal with them more severely/aggressively. Part of that is experience, and part of it is being able to think more critically about what units may be capable of.

Things I'm Happy With:
Although I may be rushing myself sometimes, as mentioned previously, I am still very pleased with how my clock management has been. There hasn't been a game yet where I've been way down on time and my opponent is way up; if anything it's been the opposite when there has been a disparity. I clearly need to slow down a little bit and give myself more time to think/double check everything sometimes, but overall I'm very happy with the speed I've been playing.

I was pretty happy with how I managed threats in the Vlad2 game, once everything was feated and in my face. I still ended up tripping over myself a bit, but I cleared out the most dangerous set of models (the feated Eliminators that were right in Sorscha's face) and I was able to keep up the offense a bit. I am decently pleased with how well I was able to keep pushing towards scenario after being jammed out so hard, though I obviously could have done a better job. If I hadn't have forgotten to run Reinholdt in, there's a decent chance that I force my opponent to run out his clock cleaning out the zone the following turn.

I was very happy with how the Butcher3 game was going against Lylyth2, right up until Butcher exploded. Another valuable learning experience with Butcher, and another powerful reminder to not be so greedy with him. If I had been a bit more conservative (stay on the flag, kill Naga + Zuriel with Butcher, send the Berserker to play with the other Ravagore), I would have had a very good shot at winning that game the next turn.

I am very happy to finally get an early game assassination with Butcher3. I've been hoping for one of those recently to get a quick game in during the rounds (makes the day overall easier, especially when it allows me to eat). Plus its one of those "live the dream" moments with Butcher3, so it's fun to have pulled it off.

Thoughts About My Lists:
I still like both my lists, a lot. The one thing I'm slightly debating is switching out Bunker for Effigy of Valor in the Sorscha2 list. Its a bit of a switch between survival techniques: Bunker is stronger against the things most likely to easily remove an objective (i.e. boostable ranged attacks), but Effigy of Valor is more useful against melee threats (which are often potent, but more limited in number). Fearless in the Sorscha2 list would also be nice, but isn't a huge deal.

I'm going to stick with Bunker for now, but I'll keep an eye on future games to see if Effigy of Valor would have made a difference.

For the Record...
Make damn sure you have some kind of foolproof food plan in place for when you go to a tournament. My old approach - show up with a snack or two and plenty of liquids - is great in that I'm consistently hydrated, but I was way underfed (which may have contributed to some of the mistakes I made). I've been spoiled in the past because all the events have either a) had a lunch break built in (usually 30 mins tacked on to the end of the last game of the 2nd/3rd round) or b) I've managed to finish quickly enough in one round to be able to go snag food.

This tournament was such that there wasn't a lunch break (understandably so) and none of my games were resolved very quickly (aside from the 3rd and 4th games, but by then I think the damage had been done). I need to figure out something I can bring that I can meal on in between rounds (which would help even in events with lunch breaks) and also come up with something semi-substantial that I can have on tap for long events. Even when these events have a lunch break, I'm effectively skipping a meal due to the timing of all of it (usually lunch) which is good for the waistline but terrible for clear, critical thought.

Closing Thoughts:
I keep saying it, but it's consistently true: these events are a lot of fun, and I keep meeting (or running back into) very nice, cool people to play against. Every opponent I had all day was a class act and they were excellent people to play against, as well as share most of a day with in general. I had a great time and learned a lot, and I hope they enjoyed themselves as well.

Although I'd love for it to be more consistently X-0, or X-1, I'm happy to be consistently breaking even in my games. Both of my wins this event were clean wins, and both of my losses were due to play errors on my part that I can correct (as well as excellent play on behalf of my opponent) so I feel like I still have plenty of room to improve. The general group of players that keep showing up for Brawltimore events are very skilled, knowledgeable players, and I need to grow more as a player if I'm going to do consistently better. I love that such a challenge exists, and it keeps me excited to go to events, and continue playing Warmachine.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads with what I'm going to do next. I've been doing decently well with Khador, and I've certainly been enjoying my lists. I'm not sure what is going to shake them up - Ruin holds some promise for Butcher3, though maybe not how I run him, and Victor could be essentially Conquest+ - and more importantly, when those models will actually come along. Ruin is at least scheduled for May, but that is a ways off.

For as much as I'm enjoying playing Khador, however, I can't shake the desire to play more Convergence. I definitely want to try and do that during my non-tournament games to get more experience with the faction, and I've been seriously debating just jumping in with both feet and playing Convergence at one of the upcoming tournaments. My concerns are that a lack of practice will be a big issue to overcome (the fine grain skills of the faction are still well beyond me) and that I don't feel comfortable going into the meta without Lucant as a backup (and his list is still a ways off in construction, though I at least have the 'caster).

Thankfully, I have some time before the next event to figure out what I want to do, and hopefully get enough practice in to feel more confident with Convergence. I'd love to switch to playing them for at least a couple of months; it'd give me a much needed break from Khador (to better appreciate the upsides of the faction when I come back) and give the release cycle more time to throw things my way to get creative juices flowing.

We'll see what I end up bringing to the next event, which probably won't be until April or so (I wanted to get the March event in early to give me a few free weekends in a row). Between now and then, we'll all hopefully have some Ruin spoilers to chew on (supposedly in the next NQ, due out on March 18th), and I should be getting some games in with my usual group of gaming buddies, so there will be plenty to think and post about.

Until next time, thanks very much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your right ups, as you know. I especially enjoy seeing your comfort and ability grow with butcher 3. He's a monster and a half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, it's much appreciated!

      I'm having a lot of fun running both lists. More than I initially expected, to be honest. Sorscha2 is so flexible and effective that her list is a blast (and may get really nasty if Victor is any good), and I *really* like this iteration of Butcher3. The only changes I might make are eventually making the swap to a second unit of BD IFP when the plastics come out, and maybe trying to fit Ruin in there (though doing so with my current set up seems tricky).

      It's one of the reasons why its so hard to play Convergence right now: I'm having so much damn fun with Khador. :-)

      Delete